
So far, we've taken care of attributes, skills, and feats. At this point, it's mostly just spit and polish. We've got to come up with a good name for the character, and we'll also need to decide things like his age, height, weight .... and alignment. Also, because a dwarven druid is a bit unusual (although not as hard to picture as one might think), so we're going to want a good back story. It doesn't have to be complete at this stage, but I should at least have the basics down by the time the group gets together.
Let's get started, shall we?
The first thing we want is a grand ol' dwarf name. The best place to look is in the Hero Builder's Guidebook, an old 3rd Edition resource for players. In this book, toward the back, there are huge lists of names for each of the core races. And after spending a bit of time scanning the list, I think I've discovered the name of this dwarf: Taklinn Lutgehr. jeez, that's pretty terrible, but it'll do for now. We can always make changes later on, after all. Okay, on to the other details!
I'll just go ahead and roll up his so-called "Vital Statistics". Alright, so my dwarf is ... 63 years old, stands a ... paltry 4' 1" tall, and weighs in at around ... 158 pounds. Gawrsh, he's the rough equivalent of a dwarven teenager!
Alright, now for the alignment. Well, as a druid, he has to have 'Neutral' in at least part of his alignment. I'm leaning toward neutral good, but for the moment, we'll make him true neutral and see how he turns out once play begins. His alignment can always change during play.
My, my, we're basically done, aside from a back-story. That one will have to wait until the next installment, since I'm ... feeling a wee bit peckish at the moment. I'll go eat, and give this some thought. The Hero Builder's Guidebook probably has some good suggestions as well, so that's worth looking into before I get too far along.

No comments:
Post a Comment