Dark Tidings #5 (Eberronloft)

Father,

I live a comfortable life. A life of privilege. My career as a ... an adventurer has granted me the power, prestige, and wealth I have always desired.

And I have done it without your help.

Yet, I confess a strange emptiness, knowing as I do that you are gone from this world -- for no other reason than because I desire to flaunt my success. You poor fool, dying as I always knew you would, helpless to save your family. You needed me. You needed my help, because you were too weak.

I will be attending a fine performance tonight, and though I go alone, I will likely try to imagine your presence there beside me. And I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh at the thought that you were wrong about me.

Congratulations on "raising" a fine, fine son, you worthless bastard.

-=- Urik Tharsival -=-

1 comment:

Jason said...

He's SUCH a DOUCHE! Arrrrgh, but I love it! I think I'd honestly hit the guy!