Thomas, Journal #5 (Shadow of the Demon Lord)

We're in a teeny township called Fimmoran. It was a slight detour, but we saw they were leaving wanted posters up along the main road. I figured I can always use more money, and these people need someone to help them.

When we got here, we were told that thirteen of their children had taken ill, and were not recovering. Even the local priest, whose divine miracles seemed able to heal any ailment, was unable to help. The locals are convinced it's a reclusive witch who lives in a nearby swamp. Luna's not so sure she's the culprit, and neither am I, but we have no other leads. We're going out there tomorrow to see if we can find her. I don't expect to be welcomed warmly.

We've picked up another companion, at least while we're here. A goblin by the name of Gralic. Claims he was hunting something. He said it was a wolf, a demon wolf, something along those lines. Said he lost the trail around here. It's the same wolf. I know it is. It's followed us here, and it's brought that goblin in turn. Gods. I have to kill it. I have to kill it soon.

No comments: